"Personal information" is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person. Personal information does not include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify a specific person.
Types of Personal Information We May Collect
We may collect the following types of personal information from you when you access and use our Site or Services:
- your name, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses;
- buying or selling information for a particular transaction;
- financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers in connection with a transaction;
- postage billing and other information to purchase or post an item;
- age, gender, interests and favorites; and
- additional information we are required by applicable law to collect.
How We Use Personal Information
You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide you use of and access to our Site and Services;
- operate, improve, and personalize our Site and Services;
- give you access to your account information;
- provide you with customer service or customer support;
- customize our advertising and marketing communications with you;
- customize, measure, and improve our content and advertising based on your ad customization preferences;
- deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
Sharing Information With Others
Unless you give us your explicit approval in advance, we will only share your personal information with third parties as necessary to:
- provide you with the Services which you elect to use, including the processing of payment for such Services;
- process any charitable donations you elect to make to a charitable organization using the Services;
- comply with laws and regulations or respond to litigation;
- allow advertising audits and analysis; or
- allow us to use a third party to perform surveys measuring your experiences and use of our Services (not permitting the third party to use your personal information for any other purpose).
Feedback and Posted Information
Certain features of the Site may enable you to submit communications, suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information to us (collectively, “Feedback”) as well as post information to the Site for review by all users of the Site (“Posted Information”). Feedback and Posted Information becomes public information and is submitted at your discretion. When you submit Feedback and Posted Information, you expressly consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information in any manner.
Access To Personal Information and Corrections
You can request changes to the personal information we keep on you by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request upon verification of your identity within a reasonable period of time, and to the maximum extent practical.
Do Not Track Disclosures
We do not track users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, and therefore we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Third parties cannot collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the Site.
We may also store information about you using cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access device) that we can access when you visit the Site in the future. We collect information about the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take on our Site, or within our advertising or e-mail content. We do this to help improve the user experience of the Site. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas or features of the Site.
Social Media Sites
Every computer connected to the Internet is given a domain name and a set of numbers that serve as that computer's "Internet Protocol" or IP address. When you request a page from any page within the Site, our web servers automatically recognize your domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about you other than the IP address from which you have accessed the Site. We may use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track your movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Protecting the privacy of the very young is uniquely important, particularly on the Internet. The Site is designed to provide information and services for adults. This Site is not designed to attract minors, in particular children under the age of 13. List It Local does not market to or knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 13. Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any information about themselves (such as their names, email addresses, and phone numbers) to anyone over the Internet.